Laurel Starks is a recognized court-appointed expert and trained neutral in
family law cases involving real estate matters. Her focus on divorce-related real estate has led to over $150 million in sales volume throughout Southern California and is often regarded by her peers as the pioneer of the divorce real estate niche.
Laurel has advised, consulted and testified in hundreds of divorce cases,
facilitating the sale of real property, as well as providing fair market valuation reports and testimony thereto. She is a national speaker on topics pertaining to real estate in family law.
Attorneys, judges and other legal professionals have come to rely on Laurel’s knowledge, judgment, integrity, as well as her ability to explain complex real estate matters to those affected by them.
• A native of Central Florida, Ms. Starks was educated at The Trinity Preparatory School in Winter Park
• Undergraduate studies were completed at Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri and then at Whittier College in Whittier, California in Sociology and Political Science.
• May 2008 & Nov. 2014: Completed Divorce Mediation Training under the instruction of the legendary Forrest "Woody" Mosten, Esq. in Los Angeles
• December 2007: Completed Collaborative Divorce Team Training in Phoenix, AZ. and was the first practicing Real Estate Agent to attend CD Training
• Completed numerous real estate courses in various subject matter, attending multiple real estate seminars throughout the country
• Completed hundreds of hours of MCLE education programs pertaining to Family Law
• Author, The House Matters in Divorce (Publisher: Unhooked Books, 2016) A Guide for Homeowners Facing Divorce, #1 Amazon New Release - Family
• In 2016, Laurel Starks was recognized as an Inman Innovator by Inman
News for her pioneering work in the divorce real estate field.
• In 2017, Laurel Starks was recognized as an Inman Influencer for her
contributions to the real estate industry.